Pinterest

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Flower Ribbon Corsage - quick Mother's Day gift

When I saw this at V and Co, I thought they were adorable. Plus, one would be perfect for my mom's new handbag. They are simple and quick to make. The 1st one took me about 15 minutes to complete. I thought they were pretty cute and took almost no time at all to put together. Good combination for me! So, I decided to make one for every mom I will be seeing on Mother's Day. The added bonus is that I had all the stuff on hand. V and Co, has excellent directions here. I only had satin wired ribbon on hand. Have you ever bought wired ribbon from Costco? You get a lot of yardage (50 yards, to be exact) for some where around 8 bucks. I have all kinds of Costco ribbon and that's what I used for all my flowers. The Costco ribbon I used were all 1.5" wide. I think I like the wired ribbon because I could shape the flower petal so that they curved up more and the petals held their shape fairly easily due to the wire. Here's a sample of how mine turned out:


I already had some pin backs and glued those on.


My favorite is probably the poka dot ribbon. I can see this not only as a corsage but since it has a pin back, I can put it on one of lil' ACs hair bands to dress it up. V and Co, had some great photos of different things you can do with your ribbon corsage. Be sure to check out her website here.


Credo,
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment