Pinterest

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Lost on the net and interfacing pattern pieces

Just a few days ago, I found a website that had a cute jean skirt made out of old jeans and a t-shirt. It was comprised of panels, had this cute shoe lace flower on the front, and sized for a 2 -3 toddler. That was perfect for my lil' AC. I was searching for a pair of old jeans big AC had worn holes through when I found an old denim shirt that belong to the Mr. It was perfect for repurposing. I gave the shirt another washing and set out to follow the instructions to make the skirt. Sounds good, so far, right? Well, in the mean time, my PC had rebooted itself and I lost the website. I've searched for 3 days and I still can't find it. I've got other projects waiting to be completed but I'm stuck! I'm obsessed with finding that website. So, if you happen to run across a website which tells you how to make a paneled jean skirt out of an old pair of jeans and a t-shirt and uses shoelaces as the stems of a flower on the front of the skirt, PLEASE let me know. I'm really wanting to make that skirt for lil' AC before she's too big to fit in it.

I am happy to say that I did force myself to start tracing the pattern pieces to a little summer seersucker outfit I want to make for lil' AC. It's McCalls 5568. I no longer cut any of my patterns. For several years now, I use inexpensive interfacing to trace out the pattern pieces. This leaves the original pattern in tack, and allows me to get full use out of ALL the different size. (When a pattern has multiple sizes printed on the sheet and you cut one size, you loose the other sizes.) I usually buy the interfacing by the bolt and when it's on sale. It last a good long time. Also, the pattern pieces are much more durable. I simply lay the interfacing over the pattern and use a highlighter to trace the lines and copy all the markings. The interfacing is thin enough to see the pattern lines right through it. I roughly cut the interfacing pieces and then lay them on the fabric where I do a much more accurate cut. On a few occassions, I have not even pinned the interface pattern piece to the fabric because the pattern piece can stick fairly well to some types of fabric. Using interfacing to cut out pattern pieces works great for me.

Credo,
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment