I just finished using Simplicity 5695 to make a summery dress for lil' AC.
Lil' AC loves wearing "pretty dresses". She's constantly telling me she wants me to make her a pretty dress just like this one or that one. Of course, I always try to comply. For this dress I used View D for the body of the dress but used View C sleeves. The pattern was very easy to sew and the directions were very straight forward. Here's how it turned out...
I had approximately 1/2 yard of each of the fabrics. I made a size 2 and there was some left over fabric (not a lot though!). From the photo, you can tell that I used one fabric for the hem, sleeves and bow. I also added some yellow puff ball trim where the dress meets the ruffled hem, where the body meets the sleeves and at the edge of the sleeves.
The directions have you put the sleeves together first. I folded the hem up and then glue basted the trim in place. I did this because the trim had a very small seam allowance and it would of been tricky to attach the trim without basting it first. Once it was glue basted in, I used my zipper foot to sew close to the yellow trim. If you've never used Sewline Fabric Glue Pen, you must try it. The more I use it, the more I find new uses for it. I purchased my glue pen and an extra glue stick for $6. The actual glue stick part is light blue but it dries clear and is water soluble.
I glue basted the yellow decorative trim to the body before attaching the sleeves. I used a zipper foot to sew them together. Same steps for adding the ruffled hem and yellow decorative trim. If this does not make any sense, let me know and I will try to explain further.
In summary, I found the pattern to be quick and easy. The directions were easy to follow and there was only 3 different pattern pieces. The pattern also has tiered dress, View A. Think I'll make that next in a knit fabric.