Pinterest

Saturday, January 16, 2010

The unManly Birthday Scarf

For my husband's birthday, I wanted to make him something. As usual, time was short and I needed a quick project (I mean VERY quick). I thought I could whip up some pajama bottoms using some flannel fabric I had already washed. I had an idea floating in my head to dress up a plain black t-shirt that matched the flannel fabric. The only problem is I can NOT find the flannel!!! I know it's somewhere but where??? While I was procastinating  trying to figure out where that fabric was hiding, I checked out Make It and Love It blog and saw this great gathered flannel scarf. I thought... "Quick and Easy". I can do that!!! Plus the directions from Ashley at  Make It and Love It were very easy to follow! If you have never gone over to Ashley's site, you've been missing out! Well.... I quickly went to my stash looking for black flannel which, of course, I had but it was too short. I needed at least 2 yards. The manliest color I could find was dark brown. I also had this paisley fabric which matched the brown. I thought "what a perfect way to make this scarf more manly.... let's add the paisley!" With excitement, I quickly whipped up the scarf. From start to finish, it was 1 hour and 15 minutes. I quickly wrapped it and had our baby girl give her daddy the gift. When he opened it and put it around his neck, we both agreed that it was the most UNmanly scarf ever! Good grief!!! Sorry, honey. I promise to make you a solid black one with no paisley!  It was the thought that counted, right?

The unmanly paisley...



 
 
The scarf
 



BTW, we both liked the scarf but thought it was better suited for me. Looks like I made myself a new scarf with out even knowing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment