Pinterest

Sunday, May 3, 2020

Easy DIY Halloween Group Costume

Hi There!

  Every Halloween I have made customers for my kids, nieces, nephews or friend's kids. Some have been very complex where I've drafted my own pattern or super simple like this group costume I made for my daughter and friends this past Halloween. She's in 6th grade now and still wearing costumes is just okay. Elaborate costumes are not the thing! The group finally settled on Pooh and Friends theme where they would wear the appropriate ears and a simple abstract t-shirt. My daughter nominated me to make the shirts for the group. So.... I ran over to Michael's and picked up 4 shirts (Red, yellow, pink and orange).

I cut the red and yellow t-shirts about 2" below the arm pit seam. I then sewed the top red to the bottom yellow with my serger. Using the Pooh-like font, I cut the letters (using Cricut iron-on yellow vinyl) to have a height of 2" and the width to be 5.9". 















  The Piglet t-shirt was easier. I used black Cricut iron-on vinyl and cut 1/4" inch lines of the vinyl using my self healing mat and rotary cutter. I cut them the width of the t-shirt plus a 0.5". I lined them all up on one side of the t-shirt and used my easy press to adhere them. Because I made them longer than what they needed to be, I wrapped the extra black stripe around to the back of the shirt so that I could easily line us the lines for the back of the tee. I spaced the lines 1" apart. 

I printed out the Piglet ears and cut them from felt. I also put some wire along the edge of the ears to ensure they did not flop over. The headband came from a pack I purchased at Hobby Lobby.


For Tigger, I Cricut cut out an egg/oval that was 10.5" tall by 7.8" wide. The black "stripes" I cut by hand. I first made a paper patterns for one side of the egg. When I was happy with one side, I just flipped the paper pattern over to mirror the other side. Using the pattern and its mirror, I hand cut from scrap pieces of vinly I had.  
 Here's the trio...















Credo,
Lisa
 





1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete