Pinterest

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Amy Butler's Little Stitches for Little Ones - Kimono Style PJs (boy version)

Hi!

  I was happy with the girl version and the ease of construction with Amy's Kimono style PJs. The hubs liked it too and wanted me to do a boy verison for one of his friend's newborn. Here the boy verison I did.


The fabric is from my stash. I'd had it for quite some time.

I also used French seams to construct the garment.


When constructing this garment the 1st time, I got thrown off by the inside strap/ties. Here's a photo of what that looks like and perhaps this will help others:

It's just a simple bias strap sewn in the right inside seam. However, not so simple if you don't know what they are talking about in the instructions!

Since I sewed this in the summer heat, I just couldn't imagine the parents putting those little booties on the baby. Too hot! I ended up giving the outfit without any booties but I wasn't happy. Just felt like something was missing....

Credo,
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment